Monday, June 29, 2020
If it's underlined or in blue, it's a link!
- Click here to begin, or follow the link "MEMBER LOGIN" from our Home Page.
Click "Create Account".
- Input your first and last name, along with your email address on file with MAR; click submit.
- The system will email you an account activation link that will allow you to create a password.
- Login using your email as username, and the password you just created.
- Watch the video, and learn how to add your photo, pay invoices, and more!
If you have trouble logging in, please email Kindal@mac.com. Please note, at this time, the HUB is for REALTOR® members only.
NAR ADVOCACY WINS IN CFPB DECISION
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled Monday that the single-director structure of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) is unconstitutional. With this decision, the bureau’s director can no longer be removed from the position only for cause but instead will serve at the discretion of the president at will.
For REALTORS®, the most notable outcome is that the decision does not invalidate the CFPB as a whole and ensures the bureau will operate with a director who serves at the will of the president moving forward.
Late last year, the National Association of REALTORS® submitted an amicus curiae brief, along with the National Association of Home Builders and the Mortgage Bankers Association, calling for the Supreme Court to cause the least possible disruption to the nation’s housing and real estate markets with this ruling. Today’s announcement is in line with NAR’s advocacy and should result in minimal disruption to the role of the CFPB and its past and future actions.
CAR is accepting applications to send two REALTOR® Members to the NAR Mediator/Mediation Training on September 9-11, 2020 in Chicago! Enhance and refine mediation skills, in this training led by Northwestern University Law School’s Lynn Cohn, Duke University Law School’s René Stemple Trehy, and NAR Educator of the Year, REALTOR® Bruce Aydt.