MARlink – Nov. 24, 2020
If it's blue, it's a link for you!
- November 20: General Counsel Scott Peterson presents an update on Open Houses allowed in Level Red areas.
- November 19: New COVID Update- Level RED
- Legal Bites: November 13, 2020
COVID-19 dial: https://covid19.colorado.gov/data/covid-19-dial-dashboard
Public Health Orders: https://covid19.colorado.gov/public-health-executive-orders
Continuing Education Requirements
The Division of Real Estate has been informed of a rumor that real estate brokers do not have to complete their continuing education (CE) requirements due the COVID-19 pandemic. THIS IS COMPLETELY FALSE!
There has been NO relaxation or suspension of a real estate broker’s responsibility to continue and complete their continuing education requirements within the prescribed time periods pursuant to the Commission Rules Chapter 4: Continuing Education Requirement.
The Division continues to perform CE audits throughout the pandemic, therefore, real estate brokers need to watch for and respond to any CE audit email notifications and respond accordingly.
Three-Year License Cycle Continuing Education Requirements
For each three-year license cycle, all active real estate brokers must complete 24 hours of continuing education.
- Twelve (12) of the 24 hours must be comprised of three (3) different versions of the four hour (4) Annual Commission Update Course.
- The remaining twelve (12) hours can be any combination of elective credit hours approved by the Commission.
- You must retain proof of completion of continuing education courses for a minimum of four years and provide proof of completion upon the Commission's request.
NAR requires all members take a minimum of 2.5 hours of Ethics every three year cycle. The current cycle is January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2021. Members must take Ethics in this cycle. Ethics classes taken before January 1, 2019 do not count for this cycle.
We encourage our members to use this CE tracking form: License Renewal Record