MARlink – July 26, 2021
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
THIS WEDNESDAY - July 28
We are pleased to announce that MAR and GJARA have agreed to shared services. What does this mean to MAR members?
- Janna Burton will be our AE, assisted by two other GJARA staff. Janna will set up all education classes in Montrose, Ridgway, and Ouray. MAR will provide free Commission Update, Contracts and Ethics for the first quarter of 2022.
- Both entities will remain as standalone and make their own decisions with the individual boards.
- The future of the MAR building will be put out to the membership for a vote, discussion on this matter will be set for a later date.
- Your MAR board is working on a new budget with a goal of lower member dues.
NAR says your MLS is your choice - see links in NAR section - so this does not change your membership with CREN.
The Board of Directors made the decision to not bill the members for the 3rd and 4th quarter dues. These are the board service dues of $87 a quarter. Just a reminder the board waived the 1st quarter so this year instead of the $348 for all four quarters you will only be responsible for the 2nd quarter dues of $87. If you paid for the year you will be reimbursed for the 3rd and 4th quarter. There has been confusion on these dues they are separate from your annual dues which are billed in October for your NAR, CAR and MAR dues.
YOUR MAR ACCOUNT
To view invoices, update contact information, and even upload files such as CE certificates to a central location, please login to your MAR Website HUB.
HINT: Your username is the email address this MARlink was sent to.
Cash Offers and Loan Changes
• CAR 100 Year Celebration Fall Forum
October 17-20 | Broadmoor Hotel, Colorado Springs
• Leadership Academy
An exclusive four-month training and development program designed to develop participants’ leadership, industry, and association knowledge. Application Deadline is October 31.
BOARD OF CHOICE/MLS OF CHOICE
- What is Board of Choice?
Under previous jurisdictional policies of the National Association, REALTORS® were required to join the board where their principal place of business is located, prior to joining any other board. The "Board of Choice" concept allows REALTORS® to choose the board to which they want to belong on the basis of the factors they decide are most important rather than being limited by office location or jurisdictional boundaries. At the same time, services of other boards are available without the necessity of holding membership in those boards.
- When did these policies become effective?
Board of Choice was mandatory as of January 1, 1996.
- MLS Policy Statements 7.42 and 7.43 - "MLS of Choice"
Effective July 1, 2018, this policy gives agents a choice in subscribing to any MLS in which their broker is a participant.
2021 REALTORS® CONFERENCE & EXPO
November 12-15 in San Diego